Friday, March 11, 2011

Isuzu Rodeo Valve Covers

CHINA POWER STATION I

To my surprise, the exhibition on Chinese contemporary art I missed last time I was in Turin has been delayed until the end of March! I really didn't want to loose this chance and I went to visit, just before getting on the train to go back home. The name of the exhibition is CHINA POWER STATION and it is currently hosted by Pinacoteca Agnelli (Lingotto). I was lucky to find a very nice guide and a group of people who wanted to visit with the help of some detailed explainations, so I spent there a few hours. Among the works I saw, I was fascinated by "i · MIRROR" ( 我·镜 ), a second life documentary film. This video, that was also featured in the Chinese Pavillon during the Venice Biennale in 2007, was shot by China Tracy, the second life avatar of the Chinese artist Cao Fei 曹斐. I have to be honest: as I was afraid of missing my train, I didn't have the time to sit down and watch the entire documentary, but I regret that. I found this three parts on Youtube and want to share them with you. The thing that struck me most is that, at least from an outsider's point of view (as I'm not really into contemporary art!) it completely lack Chinese elements.
Here is a link also with some infos on the artist  ( http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2007/07/this-is-truly-c.html )  and the link to her blog  ( http://www.caofei.com ) . Enjoy!

PART 1

PART 2

PART 3

To my great surprise, Chinese contemporary art exhibition that I lost during my last trip to Turin was postponed until the end of March! I did not want to miss this and I went to visit, just before taking the train back home. The name of the exhibition is CHINA POWER STATION and is currently hosted by the Pinacoteca Agnelli (Lingotto). I was lucky to meet a nice guide and a group of people who wanted to visit with the help of some detailed explanations, so I was there a couple of hours. Among the works that I saw, I was fascinated by "the · MIRROR ( 我 镜), a film / documentary about the second life. This video, also shown in the Chinese pavilion at the Venice Biennale in 2007, China signed Tracy, the avatar of the artist Cao Fei 曹 斐. I'll be honest: being afraid of missing the train, I have not had time to sit and watch the whole documentary, but I regret it. I found the three parts on YouTube and share them here. The thing that struck me most is that, at least from the perspective of an outsider (because they are not just for contemporary art!) Completely fails to Chinese elements.
Here a link with some also information about the artist ( http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2007/07/this-is-truly-c.html ) and here the link to her blog (http:/ / www.caofei.com ) . to you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment